Dunsfold Aerodrome, Commercial Development
KCS Consulting Limited were instructed to carry out a performance design for the Mechanical and Electrical services providing the contractors with a guideline/minimum performance level when selecting equipment and finalising the design. KCS Consulting will also review and comment on the final designs ensuring the specified performance criteria has been met.
The performance designs and specifications produced were checked for Part L compliance by carrying out building thermal modelling to demonstrate the best design options, identify best passive solutions, compare low-carbon technologies, and draw conclusions on energy use, CO2 emissions, occupant comfort, light levels, airflow and compliance with Part L.
KCS Consulting were also tasked to provide the client with a visual representation of the open space within the industrial unit highlighting the co-ordination of the specified lighting and radiant heat panels.
The mechanical services consisted of the following:
- Natural ventilation
- High efficiency mechanical ventilation with heat recovery to deep plan spaces
- New gas fired heating system
- Cooling to server room and designated offices via high efficiency VRF systems
The electrical services consisted of the following:
- High efficiency, high output LED lighting and emergency lighting
- Small power and data layouts
- Power supplies for mechanical plant
- Distribution network allowing future provisions
- Open protocol and addressable fire alarm system with automatic detection throughout, plant shut down interfacing and manual call points
- Main services intake positioning and co-ordination
- Electrical Heating
This project was completed late 2017.