The Academy Selsey - Temporary Village, Selsey
Late in the summer of 2016 just prior to the children returning to school, a fire broke out and closed The Academy Selsey.
The temporary village was formed using site delivered cabins to provide teaching space for the foreseeable future until such time the school is rebuilt. The cabins were provided with basic small power and lighting, fire alarm systems, wash hand basins and toilets. KCS Consulting Limited were instructed to carry out the full Mechanical and Electrical infrastructure design. This included liaising with water, gas and electricity providers to have main service incomes relocated to suite.
KCS Consulting were provided a deadline of two weeks to complete the necessary design and have the packages competitively tendered for immediate procurement. Due to the nature of this project and the limited time available to complete the works, there was a KCS representative on site virtually every day to help mitigate foreseeable issues.
The design works consisted of the following:
- A site wide fire alarm system which would result in Isolation of the individual fire alarms provided in each cabin
- Interfacing the sports hall fire alarm system with the temporary village system
- A site wide intruder alarm system
- Site wide data & communication design
- External street lighting
- External carpark lighting
- Providing the site with a new water supply
One cabin was converted from a basic fit out into a food technology classroom which consisted of the following:
- Safety knock off electrical circuits
- New electrical distribution board and associated circuits.
- Domestic water supplies
- Temporary generators
The project value was circa £3,000.000