Hilltop Primary School Extension, Crawley
KCS Consulting Limited were instructed to carry out the full Mechanical and Electrical Design for the main entrance and office space extension at Hilltop Primary School, Crawley. KCS Consulting provided preliminary drawings to the design team and client at an early stage to ensure the clients requirements where provided. A full tender set of drawings were issued along with Electrical and Mechanical specifications which led to KCS Consulting assisting the project team in reviewing electrical and mechanical contractor's tenders.
The mechanical services consisted of the following:
- Providing ventilation to the new internal spaces via heat recovery unit
- Adapting the existing heating system to provide heating to the new extension
- New connections into above ground drainage
- Adapting the domestic water services to provide services to the new extension.
The electrical services consisted of the following:
- Providing new lighting and emergency lighting
- Re-routing the main electrical income, metering and providing a new main isolator
- Re-locating existing distribution boards too allow for demolition works
- Provide new distribution equipment with integrated surge protection
- Associated small power and Data/Comms
- Adapting the existing fire alarm system and re-locating the main panel to the new entrance with specialist contractors
- Adapting the existing intruder alarm system with specialist contractors
This project was successfully handed over in January 2017.