The Mill, Crawley - New Fire Alarm System
KCS Consulting Limited were instructed to carry out the full design of a New fire alarm system at a large Primary Academy located in Crawley. The school operates as a primary school including a nursey although, the school was previously a junior school.The services provided by KCS Consulting on this project was not limited to only the design stages, these were as follows:
- Initial survey of existing system and school
- Providing an estimated project cost for the funding for the works
- Carrying out design works and producing tender package
- Managing all contractor liaison and the formal tender period
- Producing cost analysis based on several competitive quotations received
- Appointment of contractor and the organisation of the pre-start meetings
- Arranging and attending weekly site progress meetings
- Witness commissioning of the system
- Attend client training upon completion
The fire alarm system was a fully addressable and open protocol system consisting of automatic detectors located around the school with manual call points strategically placed in locations conforming with BS 5839-1 and all necessary mechanical plant interfacing.
This project was managed successfully by our engineer over the summer holidays to ensure the school was open in time for the children to return.
The project value was £60,000.00